Be sure to catch me on twitter, where we will be ranting, recapping, and instagraming… and other verbs.
In case you need to some suggestions on who/what to check out, here are our picks (in chronological order):
Thursday: 5Pm- DJ Neil Armstrong (Jay-Z’s former tour DJ, who earned that spot with his well honed skills) 6:00pm-Lewis Black, Wavves 7:15pm-Best Coast 7:30pm-The Knux 8pm-Lewis Black 9pm- J.Cole 10:15pm-Sleigh Bells (Most likely to melt your face off) 10:30pm-Twin Shadow 11:30pm-Deerhunter, Childish Gambino (see what all the hype is) 12AM- Dam-Funk
Thur night ends early performance wise, so rest up!
Friday: 12:30pm-420 Comedy Blaze (420 at 12:30pm, what?) 2:30pm-Lewis Black (the man is clearly the workhorse of ‘roo this year), 3:15pm-Matt & Kim 4pm-DJ Neil Armstrong 4:30pm-Lewis Black 5pm-Atmosphere 6:45pm-Florence + The Machine 11:00pm-Arcade Fire (*The* act of the festival?) 12:45am-Big Boi 1:30am-Lil Wayne (but after Big Boi ends!) 2:30am-Ratatat (can’t miss. have wanted to see these guys for years on years.)
Saturday: 2:30pm-Donald Glover 3:30pm-Chiddy Bang 3:45pm-!!! 4:30pm-Donald Glover 5pm-Portugal.The Man 5:50pm-Wiz Khalifa 6:15pm-Mumford & Sons 7pm-!!! 8pm-The Black Keys 9:30pm-Buffalo Springfield 11pm-Eminem 12:20am-Screening of 8 mile (I’m just curious to see who watches this after seeing Em live, ‘roo Stans?) 12:45am-Scissor Sisters 2:15am-Gogol Bordello 2:30am-Girl Talk
Sunday: 1:15pm-Mavis Staples (Just learned she was Sam Cooke’s boo.. thanks CBS Sunday Morning.) 3pm-Tig Notaro 4:10pm-Children’s Hospital [Adult Swim] (Cool down and watch this hilarious TV show) 4:30pm-Robyn 5pm-Cold War Kids 5:45pm-30 for 30: Reggie Miller (essential watching for basketball fans, if you are all music-ed out) 6pm-Robert Plant 6:15pm-Beirut 6:45pm-The Strokes
If you are like myself, and pack last minute, I’ve listed some non-camping, basic survival essentials after the jump that you want to make sure to have.
- 5 pairs of socks, underwear.
- 5 Shirts, shorts
- Gold Bond (Worth it’s weight in.. Gold.)
- Blister Kit + Bandaids
- Cash $$$, to avoid the ATMz.
- Baby Wipes
- Clif Bars (or whatever bars you like, it’s what I get by, food wise for the majority of the festival)
- Flashlight (so you don’t step on sleeping hippies scattered around!)
- Poncho (a solid one.)
- Cell Phone charger, extra battery
- Camera (YOUR FB FREINDS DEMAND THIS)
- Hat (pref. *not* black and wool)
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste (and special cleaner for those with grillz, right, Lil Wayne?)
- Pen (to write deep thoughts in your moleskin journals)
- Plastic zip bags