Metallungies is heading back to the farm for our annual music pilgrimage for the 15th installment of Bonnaroo. We’re lathered up in the highest of SPFs, our hydro kanteens are filled with the finest of filtered water. These are the keys to not dying in 99 degree heat and being able to type some unfunny content for all 2 of you (Hi, mom and sister!).
Like years past, we’ll be posting daily quick recaps of what we saw, what intrigued us, and what made us the happiest (usually either rap or some amish donuts).
We’re like you’re parent’s in that we’re trying to figure out snapchat (we fathered your whole style, never forget). Follow us there and all the other social media handles below. We’ll be serving up erratic content like a krispy kreme conveyer belt that’s malfunctioning.
Not lucky enough to make it to Manchester this year? RedBull.TV will be streaming allll weekend long like have done in years past.
Overwhelmed by what to see or stream at Bonnaroo 2016? Here are our picks not named LCD Soundystem or Pearl Jam.
- Marian Hill
- Vince Staples
- Blood Orange
- The Internet
- Post Malone
- Oh Wonder
- Big Grams
- Charles Bradley
- Death Cab for Cutie
- Third Eye Blind
Our world famous suggested essential list is still a must read if you are trying to figure what the hell to bring with you. We’ve even updated it this year, instead of linking to a post from 2011.
- Doppler Lab’s DUBS (which we love from last year)
- Red Bull (because there is a good chance you might be seeing the sun come up before you have a chance to go to bed)
- Vitamin C packets (we prefer Emergen-C)
- 5 pairs of socks, underwear.
- 5 Shirts, shorts
- Gold Bond (Worth it’s weight in.. Gold.)
- Blister Kit + Bandaids
- Cash $$$, to avoid the ATMz.
- Baby Wipes
- Clif Bars (or whatever bars you like, it’s what I get by, food wise for the majority of the festival)
- Flashlight (so you don’t step on sleeping hippies scattered around!)
- Poncho (a solid one.)
- Cell Phone charger, extra battery (cause you know your fire snaps drain that battery)
- Camera (if you know how to use it without automatic)
- Hat (pref. *not* black and wool)
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste (and special cleaner for those with grillz and dentures, right, Lil Wayne?)
- Pen (to write deep thoughts in your moleskin journals)
- Plastic zip bags